TORQ: Operator Manual
TORQ: Operator Manual
TORQ is a post-apocalyptic car-PG for 2-5 players, half road warrior tactics, half freeform roleplaying. In TORQ, you are a driver: a traveller with special talents who ventures from community-to-community to help in anyway they can.
TORQ: Operator Manual is a 100-page, 8.5” x 5.5” full-color perfectbound book with photography, illustrations, and all the rules needed to play. Every edition comes with a digital print-and-play kit.
Licensed to go anywhere, with the grit to handle anything. There's gas in the tank, an X on the map, and miles of blacktop ahead. Race along the open road, collect the pieces of a changed world, and build something new together. Let's hit the road.
TORQ is a blend of two games, interconnected:
- Road, a quick tactical game where players drive through a hostile world using a playmat: a modular grid representing the many highways, mountain passes, wide-open canyons, and city streets of TORQ. Powered by a unique tactical system, drivers dodge obstacles, investigate oddities, and thrash those who stand against them.
- Reststop, a character-focused roleplaying game where drivers visit communities, bringing their special talents to those who need it. The reststop is a low-stakes, chill hangout portion of the game where players inhabit different characters in each community, playing scenes and building the world together.
In your game of TORQ, create that world and those places, inhabit the people finding connection and joy in a different world.
Writing by Will Jobst
Illustration by Gabriel Reis
Photography by Ben Garbow
Design by Will Jobst
Editing by Seb Pines
TORQ is done, but there's a lot of road left. Here's what to look forward to for the future of TORQ. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear:
- Plaintext version of TORQ
- Online playkit release
- CAARD version of TORQ
- TORQ Jam
- Free, digital release of introductory adventure HALF-HARDCORE
- Digital release of CAVALCADE, a series of extra classes and reststops, as made available through the generosity of TORQ F1 backers
- and more!
All physical editions of Good Luck Press games include a download of the digital edition.
ShippingMore information here
Orders will ship in 1-3 business days with Canada Post. Tracking is not included unless postage with tracking is selected at checkout.
ReturnsMore information here
We do not offer refunds on orders after they have been shipped. We do offer replacements in the event of damaged or lost orders.